6 Highlights at the Splash and Spa
- The Splash and Spa is a modern adventure pool on more than 10'000 square meters in Rivera/Tamaro and open all year round.
- 5 water slides guarantee excitement and fun
- In the spa area you can choose from a wide range of massages and body treatments.
- 5 different saunas and 2 steam baths offer you as much variety as 6 different pools and baths.
- For the little ones there is a special children's area and under 5 years of age the entrance is free.
- You can choose the entrance fee for the spa area flexibly according to your needs (2 hours, 4 hours, day ticket or evening)
The Splash and Spa is located in Ticino at the foot of Monte Tamaro. It is located directly on the A2 freeway. From the train station Rivera you can reach the spa in less than fifteen minutes on foot. The pool is open all year round and combines fun and action with rest and regeneration on more than 10,000 square meters.
Various saunas, massages and wellness treatments offer relaxation for adults. A special children's area, on the other hand, makes the little ones' hearts beat faster. Various slides, outdoor and indoor pools, two large gardens and a terrace with a fantastic view complete the offer for every age group. So no wish remains unfulfilled. In addition, subscribers can work out in the Splash and Spa Fit Center and take part in group courses.
Splash and Spa offer
Get the ultimate adrenaline kick on various slides. Afterwards, let yourself be pampered with a massage or treatment to relax. If you prefer to sweat, then try out the various saunas or increase your muscle strength in the fitness center. Strengthen yourself at the buffet with cold and warm delicacies. You can end the eventful day with a delicious cocktail in the bubble bath at the integrated pool bar.
You have the choice between
- entrance ticket splash and spa area (pools, slides and saunas, without SPA treatments) and a
- entrance ticket pool and slides (pools and slides, without saunas and SPA treatments).
Massages at Splash and Spa
Massages belong to the oldest remedies of mankind. They have been known from East Africa and Asia for 4500 years. In the meantime they have been developed further and further. Special trainings provide specific applications with different effects. Find the right massage for you here.
- Relaxing massage and fango: Through the combination of the therapist's targeted hand movements and the warming properties of the mud, tensions are released and you gain new energy. 50 min
- Body wrap and drainage massage: Through the therapist's targeted handles and the draining property of the body wrap, the tissues are improved and your legs are lightened. 50 min
- Hydrotherm massage: A pleasant and gentle form of treatment on warming cushions filled with water. It is ideal for pregnant women, people with back problems. Also good for those who want to leave stress behind and experience deep relaxation. 50 min or 75 min
- Massage with white clay: During this relaxing massage, the skin is renewed by the soft clay and receives additional moisture. 50 min
- Massage with cotton oil: This full body massage focuses on the face, neck and shoulders. The sweet scent of cotton oil has a relaxing effect on the nerves. Therefore it is the perfect anti-stress therapy. 75 min
- Harmonic Massage: The treatment of face, neck, head and feet dispels thoughts and stress and helps you find new mental energy. 50 min
- Foot Massage: This massage helps your feet to find lightness and new energy. 25 min
- Back, shoulders and neck massage: The soothing and relaxing effects of this treatment will relieve tension from daily stress. 25 min
- Relaxing Massage: This treatment stimulates the circulation, relieves tension and has a relaxing effect on a psychophysical level. 50 min
- Sports massage: Strong hand movements of the therapist release blockages and tensions during this full body massage. It is recommended after physical exertion or sports activity. 50 min
- Herb Stamp Massage: This feel-good massage with oil releases active ingredients and aromas when applied to the skin. The stamp bags are filled with mountain herbs and spices and are warmed up with steam beforehand. 50 min
- Aroma oil massage: This full body massage promises psychophysical relaxation where you will be enveloped by the scent of an essence of your choice. 75 min
- Intensive Back Massage: Not only the back, but also the neck and head are treated with the help of silicone shells during this deep tissue massage. This results in new freedom of movement. 50 min
- Massage Top Splash and Spa: East meets West at the sound of Tibetan bells and aromatherapy during the welcome ritual. After face and feet, the whole body follows until you feel the total relaxation through the use of basalt stones on your back. 75 min
- Hot Stone: This relaxation treatment will let you completely block out the stress of everyday life. 75 min
Saunas, steam baths and aroma showers in Splash and Spa
In addition to the traditional saunas, at Splash and Spa you will find various saunas with special treatments. Well-being and relaxation are the main goals in this area as well
- Salt Sauna: At a temperature of 65 degrees, this sauna, equipped with Himalayan salt stones, promotes stress relief and relaxation. The ionized air also improves the respiratory system and skin.
- Chestnut Sauna: This sauna, with a temperature of 85 degrees, offers you the unique aroma of chestnut wood, which is widespread in the forests of Ticino.
- Lehmsauna: If a beneficial effect on muscles and skin and the prevention of allergies is important to you, this is the sauna for you. It is spacious, has walls made of clay and a temperature of 75 degrees.
- Outdoor sauna: This typical Nordic sauna in the spa garden is a great place to sweat at 95 degrees, as there are also regular infusions.
- Snow Sauna: A welcome change from the traditional saunas is this special sauna, where you definitely won't get hot. A temperature of -5 to -12 degrees improves your blood circulation and oxygen supply and also fights cellulite.
- Ice fountain**: Use this refreshment after your sauna session to stimulate your blood circulation and strengthen your immune system.
- Bucket Shower: Not only will it help you wake up properly, but it also relieves stress, boosts the immune system and activates circulation.
- Kneipp: Alternating cold and hot water jets on your feet, ankles, and calves will strengthen your circulation.
- Sicalick: Relax in the 38 degree pool with underwater music.
- Bingül: This cleansing steam bath with added herbs has 100 percent humidity and a temperature of 45 degrees. Recommended duration: 10 to 15 min
- Sogukluk: In this steam bath, with a humidity of 65 percent and a temperature of 30 degrees, you can prepare the body well for heat and humidity. Recommended duration: 10 to 15 min
- Suono di sole: Sound of the Sun is an installation created by artist Franco Mussida that combines the three elements of sound, images and words, through which you will experience a feeling of well-being and relaxation.
- Aroma Showers: Try the Chromo Aromatherapy and you will notice the positive effect on your physical and mental well-being and feel better right away.
- Relax Room: Relax in one of the two relaxation rooms with large, comfortable wicker couches.
Cosmetic treatments in Splash and Spa
Would you like to be pampered all over your body, face or with a manicure? At Splash and Spa you will find exactly what you need.
- Traditional Hammam Scrub: Enjoy a gentle exfoliation of the entire body, enveloped in a cloud of soap. 25 min
- Rasul Bath: Use the soft clay to cleanse and remineralize the skin of the face and body. 30 min
- Savonage in steam bath: Experience a body scrub with black soap extracted from eucalyptus-scented olive oil. 30 min
- Technologies for face and body: You can choose between radio frequency body, radio frequency face, hair removal with diode laser and M20XY oxygen treatment. 25 min to 45 min
- Peeling: Pamper your body with a facial scrub, exfoliation and foot mask, bamboo salt scrub and apricot oil or honey scrub. 20 min to 50 min
- Body Treatments: Treat yourself to a cleansing treatment that will improve your tissues and promote remodeling. Choose from detox mud, mud tummy reduction, heavy legs treatment, anti-obesity treatment, anti-cellulite treatment and tonifying treatment. 40 min to 60 min
- Facial treatments: With Revivre - Hydra Intensive, Revivre - Cleaning and Revivre - Queen, you can choose three treatments that have a hydrating and revitalizing effect on your facial skin. 50 min to 85 min
- Manicure and Pedicure: The wellness program for hands and feet, with semi-permanent nail polish on request. 40 min to 75 min
- Waxing: Whether armpits, eyebrows, upper lip, legs or arms partially, whole legs or bikini line - away with the annoying hair and here with the silky smooth skin is the motto. 10 min to 90 min
- Eyelash lift: Using an innovative technique, your own eyelashes are beautified without artificial eyelashes, so that they appear longer and thicker. 60/90 min
- Make-up: You have the choice between a flash day make-up or an evening make-up for special occasions. 20 min to 40 min
Slides and pools in Splash and Spa
You certainly won't get bored here. Not only adrenaline-filled descents on various slides await you, but also various pools. They offer everything from relaxation to action and regeneration.
- Mania: Experience a fast-paced descent in a 2-seater inflatable boat. Minimum age: 6 years accompanied by an adult. Minimum height: 120 cm
- Tunnel of Horror: The adrenaline kick is guaranteed, because here a free fall is waiting for you. Minimum age: 8 years. Minimum height: 130 cm
- Wash Machine: The 2-seater inflatable boat takes you through dark, psychedelic sluices. Minimum age: 8 years accompanied by an adult. Minimum height: 130 cm
- Black Night: On a mat, you'll plunge down a dark tunnel at top speed. Minimum age: 8 years. Minimum height: 130 cm
- Gravity Killer: In a 4-seater inflatable boat, the descent that defies gravity is sure to be an unforgettable adventure for you and your friends. Minimum age: 12 years. Minimum height: 140 cm
- Children's area: A playground with slides and splash fountains specially designed for toddlers.
- Wave Pool: Action and fun are guaranteed here, as you'll encounter waves up to 1 m high in the 30-degree giant pool.
- Bubble Pool with Pool Bar: Do you feel like some tropical feeling in winter? Then enjoy a delicious cocktail at the pool bar of this 34 degree warm spa, because you don't even have to leave the water. In addition, more than 80 fountains, massage jets and underwater loungers create the right vacation mood.
- Iodine brine pool: After just a quarter of an hour, the beneficial effects of a bath in this 34-degree pool with a high mineral salt content and therapeutic properties to relax and strengthen the body become apparent. Afterwards, a shower and a short relaxation time are recommended.
- Cold water plunge pool: At a temperature of about 12/14 degrees, you will feel more vital than ever. The cold water stimulates your circulation and tones the tissues. It also strengthens the blood vessel walls and the lymphatic system.
- Outdoor pool: This 34 degree warm pool is open all year round. Massage jets and fountains as well as the fantastic view of Monte Tamaro invite you to relax and unwind.
Fitness at the Splash and Spa
The modern and innovative Fit Center is open only to subscribers. Here you can train not only with the isotonic and aerobic equipment and the help of qualified instructors. You also have the opportunity to participate in various group classes.
Restaurants in the Splash & Spa
Splash Food and Drinks is located under the central dome and is open daily in the afternoon. There you'll find a wide selection of hot and cold delicacies. Salads, desserts, gluten-free, vegetarian and children's menus are also available.
The pool bar is open daily midday through evening and exudes a tropical feel year-round.Where else can you sip a tasty drink during an underwater massage without leaving the pool?
The Lounge Bar offers menus for a balanced and complete meal between activities or treatments.
The Terrazza Bar is perfect for enjoying a cocktail with friends on sunny days.
Arrival Splash and Spa
Splash and Spa Tamaro is located at Via Campagnole 1 in 6802 Rivera-Monteceneri, just off the A2 highway and a short walk from the Rivera-Bironico train station.
Take the Rivera exit on the A2 Milano - S. Gottardo freeway and then drive 200 meters towards Rivera.
by public transport
Take the train to the Rivera-Bironico stop, then walk 300 meters along Via Cantonale and turn left into Via Alla Chiesa.
Practical information about the Splash and Spa
*## What you should look out for
Children under 7 years old may enter the pool only when accompanied by an adult and under their supervision. Children 12 and under must be accompanied by a person of legal age.
What you should bring
Bath towel (can be rented) Bathrobe (can be rented) Swimsuit (can be rented) Diving goggles (can be helpful when sliding)
Other practical information
Parking is free from 07:00 to 12:00. From 12:00 on, 1 hour costs 1 CHF (max. 5 CHF). For children up to 5 years the entrance is free.
The Splash and Spa Tamaro offers something for every age group and is popular with families, couples and singles alike. A day full of fun, excitement, relaxation and variety is guaranteed.