At the beginning of April, the SunIce Festival 2024 will take place in St. Moritz and the surrounding area. This unique party combines the themes of music, art and fashion with various winter activities. A total of 40 international and regional EDM and techno artists will perform on four stages.
But the lifestyle music festival offers much more. Here you will find gastronomic offers and adventurous winter sports activities combined. Whether skiing, quad biking or paragliding over snow-covered mountains - there is something exciting for everyone at the Festival Village.
Music at SunIce Festival 2024
The complete line-up is not yet published. But the already known artists, which are guaranteed to provide festival vibes, sound promising.
- Alan Walker: the British-Norwegian DJ became world famous for his single "Faded" in 2015. Today he performs on the biggest stages in the world as an EDM DJ.
- Claptone: Claptone is a German DJ who performs mostly house and techno music. He always shows up with a Venetian beak mask, which is why his true identity remains a secret.
- Lost Frequencies: Felix Safran De Laet, better known as "Lost Frequencies", is a Belgian EDM DJ. You've probably heard his singles "Are you with me" and "Where are you now".
- Charlotte de Witte: If you like minimal and acid techno music, Charlotte de Witte is the one for you. The Belgian techno DJ and music producer is one of the most famous DJs in her country. She has even founded her own label.
- Mesto: Mesto is an EDM remixer and DJ. Born in the Netherlands, he is best known for his collaboration with Martin Garrix and their joint single "Wiee".
- Mike Williams: The Dutch house DJ and music producer was in the German and Austrian charts with his hit single "Feel Good". Since then he also performs at big festivals with his hits.
- Zonderling: The Dutch EDM duo consists of Matrijn van Sonderen and Jaap de Vries. While Jaap is the one performing live, Martijn takes care of the production in the background.
- Magdalena: Magdalena comes from Hamburg and has played in big festivals like Tomorrowland. Most of the time she is found in Ibiza producing techno and deep house. This winter she pays a visit to cold St. Moritz.
- Stephan Jolk: The DJ inspires with emotionally charged techno.
The top-class line-up includes even more talented artists, who will be announced in the course of the winter until the festival.
Activities at the SunIce Festival 2024
It's not just the music that will make the SunIce an unforgettable experience. There are also various winter activities waiting for you in the renowned winter sports resort of St. Moritz. You'll be spoilt for choice whether you cruise across the festival village on a quad bike, set off on your skis early in the morning or dare to take a paragliding flight.
Quad biking at the SunIce Festival
The 630 m long quad track is located right next to the Festival Village and guarantees a unique experience. You can enjoy a breathtaking panorama and see the festival from a different perspective.
The quad ride takes a total of 15 min, of which 5 min are needed for preparation and introduction. This activity is suitable for 18 years and older.
Paragliding during the SunIce Festival
Fly with a paraglider or a delta glider to Lake St. Moritz and watch the festival from a bird's eye view. The flight starts in Corviglia and brings you 700 meters down to the lake of St. Moritz. Afterwards you will be brought back to St. Moritz by car. In total, this excursion lasts one hour.
Snow sports at the SunIce Festival
Corviglia is the local mountain of the world famous winter sports resort of St. Moritz. This area is perfect for skiing and snowboarding. With 24 lifts and 155 kilometers of slopes, the peak is perfectly prepared for snow sports activities at the SunIce Festival. You can ski and snowboard during the day and enjoy the music in the evening.
Eligella Winter Games at SunIce Festival
Elias Nerlich aka Eligella has 1.4 million subscribers on Twitch. His biggest streamers are competing for glory in St Moritz at the Eligella Winter Games. You can watch if you like. The 2023 Eligella Winter Games were a huge success. Back then, three teams played against each other in twelve exciting competitions and a final.
Bobsla at the SunIce Festival
Bobsla is a new electric snow vehicle. It is a kind of go-cart on rails, and its rails have a Bobsla right with them. It is a kind of tracked vehicle, so it drives very safely on snow. You can reach 30 km/h with it. The bobsleigh track next to the Sunice Festival is 730 m long and is located next to the festival village.
Moonbike riding at SunIce Festival
A moonbike is an electric snowbike and has a ski in the front instead of a tire. It is ultra-light yet powerful with a top speed of over 40 km/h. Next to the festival village you can do your laps on the 730 m slope.
Helicopter tour over the SunIce Festival
The helicopter tour takes you from the Helipad Kempinski over the SunIce Festival and the Engadine and back again. You will fly with an Ecureil H125 helicopter.
Tickets to the SunIce Festival 2022
Depending on your wishes, the SunIce Festival offers different entrance tickets. Combi tickets with hotel accommodation are also bookable. In addition to all combination offers you can buy a 2-day ski pass for CHF 95.
Weekend Pass: The Weekend Pass gives you access to all three days of the festival from Friday to Sunday Cost: CHF 178.
- VIP Weekend Pass: The VIP Weekend Pass gives you separate admissions and access to VIP and lounge areas in addition to the Weekend Pass. Tickets are limited and only available for the entire festival from Friday to Sunday Cost: CHF 279.90
- Saturday & Sunday Pass: If you don't have time for the festival on Friday, you can buy a ticket for Saturday and Sunday Cost: CHF 99.90
- Sunday Pass: Take a quick look at the festival with the Sunday ticket. Cost: CHF 89.90.
The combo offers include the following tickets:
- Combo Package "Hotel Kempinski ": The offer includes two Weekend Passes for the SunIce Festival and two nights at the luxurious 5*** Grand Hotel Bains Kempinski Cost: CHF 1'078 with Weekend Pass or CHF 1'290 with VIP Pass for two persons
- Combo Package "Reine Victoria ": The offer includes two Weekend Passes (normal or VIP), access to the modern OVAVERA indoor pool & spa and 2 nights at the 4*** Hotel Reine Victoria Cost: CHF 758 with Weekend Pass or CHF 960 with VIP Pass for two persons
- Combo Package "Youth Hostel 1": The offer includes two Weekend Passes for the Festival as well as two nights in a double room in the modern St. Moritz Youth Hostel Cost: CHF 618 with Weekend Pass or CHF 820 with VIP Pass for two persons +** Combo Package "Youth Hostel 2"**: The offer includes four Weekend Passes for the Festival as well as a four-bed room in the modern St. Moritz Youth Hostel. Cost: CHF 1,116 with Weekend Pass or CHF 1,520 with VIP Pass for four people
FAQ about the SunIce Festival 2024
What are the opening hours of the Festival Village? The Festival Village will be open on Friday and Saturday from 12:00 noon to 2:00 am, and on Sunday from 12:00 noon to 5:00 pm.
What are the benefits of a VIP Weekend Pass? You'll benefit from a separate entrance, faster festival access, access to the VIP chillout area, dome access on an elevated VIP platform, and a standing aperitif with the VIP pass. Also included is a stage terrace at the front.
Is a ski pass included in my festival pass or combo offer? No, your festival pass or combo offer does not include a snow pass. However, you can buy a discounted 2-day ski pass from the hotel partners of the combination offers. Other hotels in St. Moritz also have attractive Sleep&Ski offers. Alternatively you can book your ski pass on the website of Engadin Tourismus.
How many DJs will perform at the SunIce Festival 2024? More than 40 nationally and internationally known EDM and techno artists will perform.
How many stages will the SunIce Festival have? There will be 4 stages in total. Two of them are located in the festival village on the Salastrains. The other two you will find in two ski huts in the Corviglia ski area.
Is the festival an open air? No, the main stage of the SunIce Festival is located in the Dome main stage. The "Mountain Stages" and the open air stage are in the open air.
How do I get to St. Moritz? St. Moritz is easily accessible by various means of transportation. By car you can reach St. Moritz in about 3 hours. You can also transfer your car to rails and drive through the Vereina tunnel to avoid the pass. The roads to St. Moritz are well prepared.
Eurobus is an official partner of the SunIce Festivals and brings you cheaply from nearby cities to St. Moritz.
By train you can reach St. Moritz comfortably via Chur. From Zurich the journey takes about 3 hours. On the way you travel on the spectacular and UNESCO-certified Albula line with the Rhaetian Railway.