8 Highlights on the Flumserberg
- The Flumserberg is a huge alpine area in the south of Lake Walen, which stretches over more than 1000 meters in altitude.
- The vacation paradise lies between the villages of Quarten, Oberterzen and Flums on Lake Walen.
- 150 km of hiking trails, most of which may also be used by bike. Mountain bikers experience a magnificent mountain panorama on 13 km of easy and moderately difficult trails.
- In addition to demanding high-altitude hikes at 1800 to 2200 m above sea level, you will also find leisurely walking trails here. They are often suitable for baby carriages and for excursions with the whole family.
- A challenging bike tour starts in Flums and ends after 13.5 km and 1139 m altitude difference on the Prodalp. Here you can strengthen yourself in the mountain restaurant Prodalp.
- The summer toboggan run FLOOMZER can be reached via the 4-seater chairlift Chrüz.
- The climbing tower CLiiMBER offers more than 100 climbing stations and can be visited by climbers of all ages.
- The panorama restaurant, the alpine restaurant Panüöl, the Gruebhütte and the mountain restaurant Maschgenlücke are popular excursion restaurants on the southwestern Flumserberg.
The largest skiing area between Chur and Zurich is located on the Flumserberg. Due to its advantageous location, this year-round vacation paradise is easily accessible from all directions. To the west of the Flumserberg lies the Murg valley, to the east the Seez valley.
What awaits you on the Flumserberg
Strictly speaking, the Flumserberg consists of an abundance of alpine areas and mountains. They are coherently accessible by means of five mountain railroads. A multitude of adventure playgrounds and barbecue areas complement the stroller-suitable walking paths.
The summer toboggan run FLOOMZER and the climbing tower CLiiMBER are considered to be particularly popular. They are suitable for all age groups.
Summer toboggan run FLOOMZER at Flumserberg
You can reach the summer toboggan run via the 4-seater chairlift Chrüz from Tannenboden. During the ride you can enjoy the magnificent mountain panorama. The ride runs over bridges and through tunnels. Waves, curves and traffic circles provide extra fun and adrenaline.
Details about the FLOOMZER toboggan run:
- Speed up to 40 km/h
- Length: 2 km
- Altitude difference: 250 hm↓
CLiiMBER climbing tower on the Flumserberg
The climbing tower contains more than 100 climbing stations. You can determine the order of the courses for yourself individually. On each of the three floors of the 15-meter-high tower, you'll find more than 30 objects of varying degrees of difficulty.
Additional attractions at CLiiMBER:
- miniCLiiMBER: It is suitable for children under 1.40 m tall (from 4 years).
- flyingCLiiMBER: You float sitting at a height of 700 m on six different lines and enjoy the far view. Possible from 1.40 m height, gloves are mandatory.
- CLiiMBERwall: The six meter high wall contains five routes for climbing. It may also be used without a CLiiMBER ticket.
Details about the climbing tower:
- Height: 15 m
- Number of floors: 3
- Number of climbing stations: 100
If you want to combine the CLiiMBER with the FLOOMZER toboggan run, it is best to hike along the Prodalp-Chrüz hiking trail. You will need about 45 min.
Four biker trails on the Flumserberg
These four biker trails are easy to moderately difficult and easy to reach by mountain railroad.
Super suitable for beginners and families is this easy trail with easy turns, small jumps and lots of flow. The terrain is moderately steep. From Tannenheim you can reach the Prodalp with the 12-person gondola Prodalp-Express.
- Length: 3.8 km
- Altitude difference: 356 hm↓
- Trail width: approx.1.5 m
- Level of difficulty: easy
For children and beginners super suitable is this short downhill trail with curves, waves and short pedaling sections. It leads you from Tannenboden to Tannenheim. Starting point is at the valley station of the BergJet gondola.
- Length: 1.8 km
- Altitude difference: 70 hm↓
- Trail width: approx. 0.8 m
- Difficulty: easy
From Prodamm you descend with a lot of flow to Prodalp. You get to the starting point from Tannenheim with the 12-seater gondola Prodalp-Express to Prodalp. There you take the 8-seater chairlift Prodkamm. This trail shows you an incomparably beautiful alpine idyll with a view of Lake Walen and the Churfirsten.
- Length: 3.5 km
- Altitude difference: 363 hm↓
- Trail width: approx. 0.8 m
- Level of difficulty: moderately difficult
The RedRock got its name from a red rock face that you pass on the way to Chrüz. You reach the trail via the trail RedFox. At the Twärchamm junction, the trail leads to Tannenboden. You ride over alpine meadows, small bridges and through the forest. To get to the RedRock, first take the 12-seater Prodalp Express gondola lift from Tannenheim to Prodalp. There you take the 8-seater chairlift Prodkamm and ride to the junction Twärchamm.
- Length: 3.7 km
- Altitude difference: 320 hm↓
- Trail width: approx. 0.8 m
- Difficulty: moderately difficult
Popular hikes at Flumserberg
On the Flumserberg there are interesting theme trails like the Sagenweg, the Geogalerie and the Alpenfloraweg. Information boards provide interesting and interesting facts along the way.
7 - Summit - Tour
Maschgenkamm - Ziger - Leist - Rainissalts - Gulmen - Cuncels - Chli Güslen - Gross Güslen - Tannenbodenalp
You save a part of the altitude difference by taking the cable car from Tannenbodenalp. You start at the mountain station Maschgenkamm. Nevertheless, this tour is classified as difficult and only recommended for regular alpine hikers.
- Technique: difficult
- Condition: high
- Distance: 15 km
- Duration: 6:00 hrs.
- Altitude gain: 803↑, 1252↓
Legend experience trail on the Flumserberg
Tannenheim - Prodalp - Prodkamm - Büchel - Prod - Prodalp - Tannenheim
This easy circular trail is particularly suitable for families with children. On the way they solve several riddles with Heidi and the Geissenpeter. From Tannenheim you drive up to Prodalp.
- Technique: easy
- Condition: easy
- Distance: 3 km
- Duration: 1:15 hrs.
- Altitude difference: 366↑, 366↓
Offers Swiss Activities at Flumserberg
- Culinary hike with 3 stops Flumserberg
- Culinary high altitude hike with toboggan run Flumserberg
- Guided geological hike Flumserberg
Winter hikes at Flumserberg
Winter hiking at Flumserberg is a great experience. The clear and cold air makes the view seem even clearer and more beautiful than in summer. You can reach all of the 35 km of prepared winter hiking trails via the mountain railroads. Pink signs show the way.
Winter hiking trails on the Flumserberg
|hiking route||path no.||name of the mountain railway||type of the mountain railway|
|Unterterzen-Oberterzen-Tannenboden||A1 and A2||SeeJet||8-seater gondola|
|Tannenboden-Maschgenkamm||B1||BergJet||8-seater gondola lift|
|Tannenheim-Prodalp||C1||Prodalp-Express||12-seater gondola lift|
The skiing area Flumserberg
Modern snow-making facilities, good accessibility and a variety of family-friendly offers make the ski resort attractive
65 kilometers of slopes and 6 km for ski tours are reached by a total of 17 modern lifts.
- 3 fun parks: Family-Snowpark Prodalp, Skicross and Snowpark Prodkamm
- 2 beginner and children's lands: Prodalp and Tannenboden - with practice lifts and magic carpets (free of charge)
- family-friendly adventure slope HäxäWäldli with 900 m ride along enchanted animals, magic mushrooms and a magic mirror
- Flumserberg ski and snowboard school
The ski slopes at Flumserberg
|km||difficulty||type of slopes|
For a day on the toboggan run, take the Prodalp-Express gondola from Tannenheim. The starting point is right next to the mountain station
Arrival to the Flumserberg
The Flumserberg is located in the southeast of the Walensee. You can reach the excursion area via mountain railroads from Unterterzen as well as from Tannenboden
Arrival by car to the Flumserberg
The Flumserberg is easily accessible from Zurich and Chur via the freeway. From Zurich you need about an hour to Unterterzen. Here you take the exit 47 Murg. After Tannenboden you continue on the highway for about 20 minutes until you reach exit 49 Flums. From Chur you need about 45 min. From Flums you drive about 20 min on a winding road to Tannenboden.
The parking spaces on the Flumserberg and in Ober- and Unterterzen are chargeable.
Arrival by public transport to the Flumserberg
By public transport you need about the same time as by car. You take the train from Zurich via Sargans. In Ziegelbrücke you change trains. From Chur you change in Walenstadt to the S4 if you want to go to Unterterzen (Quarten). The best way to get to Tannenboden is by gondola.
The post bus 441 leaves from Sargans station every hour, for example via Flums to Tannenheim and Flumserberg Tannenboden.
5 mountain railroads take you to the Flumserberg all year round
In winter, a further 12 lifts open in the ski area.
|Name of the cable car||Type of cable car||Valley station (m a.s.l.)||Mountain station (m a.s.l.)|
|SeeJet||8-seater gondola lift (2 sections)||Unterterzen (425)||Tannenboden (1400)|
|BergJet||8-seater gondola lift||Tannenboden (1400)||Maschgenkamm (2020)|
|Prodalp Express||12-seater gondola||Tannenheim (1220)||Prodalp (1576)|
|Prodkamm||8-seater chairlift||Prodalp (1576)||Prodkamm (1939)|
|Chrüz||4-seater chairlift||Tannenboden (1400)||Chrüz (1600)|
In terms of transport, the Flumserberg is perfectly accessible. You need only about 90 minutes from Zurich with the S-Bahn S2. Also the S4 arrives from St. Gallen after about the same time in Unterterzen. Here you change to the SeeJet gondola to Tannenboden. By car you need about 20 minutes from Flums on the winding road to Tannenboden.
For whom is the Flumserberg suitable?
The Flumserberg is perfectly suitable all year round for visitors of all ages with and without fitness
A variety of child-friendly facilities and attractions makes especially families like to come here. The good accessibility from all directions ensures high visitor numbers in winter as well as in summer.