12 reasons why you should visit Lake Brienz
- Lake Brienz is beautifully turquoise thanks to the cold melt water that feeds it from the peaks of the Jungfrau region. It therefore makes a perfect photo subject for your collection and can be called one of the most beautiful lakes in Switzerland with a clear conscience.
- You can explore Lake Brienz perfectly with the boat from Interlaken. In the summer months, modern passenger ships as well as the steamship "Lötschberg" from the Belle Epoque travel on the lake between Interlaken and Brienz.
- At the Giessbach station you can get off and take a trip to the Grandhotel Giessbach with the impressive Giessbach Falls. Visit the waterfalls and even walk behind the water curtain. All this with a perfect view of Lake Brienz.
- On a kayak tour from Interlaken you will experience the lake from a completely different side. All year round, a beautiful view of the surrounding mountains awaits you on the (hopefully) calm water. There are also tours in winter.
- Did you know that Lake Brienz has become very famous thanks to Netflix, especially in South Korea? A famous scene in the series "Crash Landing on You" was filmed on the wooden jetty in Iseltwald.
- If you want to ride the Jetboat in Switzerland, you have to travel to Lake Brienz to do it. It is the only place where this fun, fast and splashy ride is offered. So fly over the lake with the incredibly fast boat and enjoy the pure adrenaline.
- One of the best views of the lake, apart from the mountain peaks in the region, you have from the terrace at the Grandhotel Giessbach. By the way, the cover photo of this article was taken from the terrace.
- You can also experience Lake Brienz from the air. Whether during an exciting skydive in Interlaken or paragliding, the enchanting view is guaranteed for you.
- Numerous excursion destinations around Lake Brienz can be perfectly combined with a visit to the lake. These include the Ballenberg Open-Air Museum, the Aare Gorge or the Brienzer Rothorn.
- On Lake Brienz you can comfortably go SUP. Rent your Stand up Paddle in Interlaken and glide across the crystal clear lake.
- Numerous themed ships run culinary cruises such as the Fondue Ship, the Breakfast Ship, the Älplerbrunch or the Halal BBQ Cruise. So you can enjoy a beautiful view as well as delicious food.
- You can also experience Lake Brienz by bike. The route of Schweizmobil leads along the eastern shore and goes from Interlaken via Iseltwald and the Giessbach Falls to Brienz.
Bernese Oberland Pass on Lake Brienz
With the Bernese Oberland Pass you can travel flexibly. It is valid for both trains and boats on Lakes Brienz and Thun. You can also use the pass on most mountain railroads in the Bernese Oberland. You buy it for 3 to 10 consecutive days and travel by public transport throughout the Bernese Oberland. You also receive attractive discounts and benefits from around 40 bonus partners.